Where did spring go?





No, really.  We had winter and many days of rain, and now it's in the 80s...we had no spring. But we've been playing baseball! A quiet long weekend means I finally have time to tell you what has been happening since February.

Happy Memorial Day. Enjoy Summer!
Cooper


February
Porter finished basketball and started practicing with this year's Little League Team, the Grasshoppers.  His manager from last year got him and asked Mommy to be his Assistant Coach again and we were all really happy about that.  Porter moved up a level to AA, which means he had to learn to hit off a pitching machine that throws the ball 34mph!  Porter also got strep throat a second time, he did not like that!






I had to stop doing gymnastics too soon, as the building my class was in suddenly became unsafe because of all of our rain, and so all the classes were canceled. I was really disappointed!  I'd like to do it again next year.  It was probably a good thing, though, as I had to have another little surgery in February.  My right ear tube looked like it was blocked, so they went in to replace it and discovered that the tube was actually OUT of my ear drum.  So the doctor went back in to fix that, and removed my adenoids AGAIN which had started to grow back. WHAT?! 😲




We had some fun in the month though.  Like going to our "cousin" Gillian's bday party where we got to be scientists, and Pajama & Pancake Day at my school that Mommy helped with!  We also created on gloomy days, some of the projects that we got for Christmas gifts.








Making OJ to have with our pancakes at school




March
March began with a Moms-date.  First, we got to go to a new coffee house in town that makes yummy waffles. Then we returned to our Woodland Opera House for the first time since Christmas! They were doing "The Cat in the Hat" and "Green Eggs and Ham" and I LOVED it! I just giggled and guffawed from our balcony seats. When the show was over, we got to meet the cast, too.





Baseball officially got started in March, including me becoming a "Sun Devil" in T-ball; and I got put on the same team as Maggie & Henry across the street.  At Opening Ceremonies Porter and I both got brand new bat bags from the league. I guess there is a guy named Dustin Pedroia, who plays real baseball for the Boston Red Sox. Well, he's from Woodland and used to play on the fields where PJ and I play now, so he made a donation of bags to all us little kids learning to play.  Isn't that cool?  Check out pics from throughout the season, Spring 2019 Baseball , most of which were taken courtesy of Papa, and a few by the Twinner's Mommy Jenn - thanks! (Mommy isn't allowed to take pictures while she's coaching.)








Moms had Parent/Teacher conferences with mine and Porter's teachers. I can write my name, many of the alphabet letters, lots of shapes and I totally know my colors, so I get to go to Spring Lake next year with Porter!  PJ's teacher said he's really smart too, and can almost read like a 3rd grader...that's why his teacher actually let's him read to his class sometimes!

I made this apartment building while moms were with my teachers

Porter reading to his class

The most exciting part of March, at least for Mommy, was getting the laundry room updated (thanks to Christmas gifts from Memaw, Aunt Bernedette & Uncle Gary)!  Mommy did the destruction, painted, picked up the granite and cabinets, and Mr. Cesar did the plumbing and put it all back together for us.  Before and Afters:
  





 The month ended with a fundraiser dinner at Mod Pizza for Porter's school. It was so fun to have dinner with so many friends, and even watch a couple of the teachers pull pizzas out of the big oven and bring them to their students!


April
The first weekend of April was beautiful, so Mommy got her camera and we put on our Easter clothes for pictures in the UC Davis Arboretum.  You can see our photo shoot here: Spring Photo Shoot in "fancy clothes"



After that we had lots of baseball games, a kid's project at Home Depot, early Easter with the Santa Clara "cousins", Easter & spring break week.  Mommy and I finished doing our weekly volunteering at Porter's classroom, my school had Open House and Mommy made Spring Lake's first ever yearbook.





With the SCU Cousins - Auntie Ngoc made us all shirts again that said "Hangin' with my Peeps"





And then we wore our fun shirts to a special Easter egg hunt at Fairytale Town
During library time with Porter's class one Tuesday

My class made a fresh flower cross right before Easter and for my school's Open House

At the Grand Island Mansion before Easter Brunch with Gruncle and the extended Plumlee Family


PJ got to take a FREE tennis class each day of Spring Break Week




April finished with an early birthday celebration for Mommy at Nana & Papa's.  We had lots of yummy food and got to go on the Elk Horn Slough Safari to see otters, seals and more!



copyright by Papa. (yes, he did take this picture)
May 
The 2nd day of the month we celebrated Mommy turning 40.  I think that seems kind of old, but Mommy says it is just a number and she doesn't mind. She did lots of celebrating and Mama had fun spoiling her.

We did our second Home Depot kids project on the 4th.

Then on the 7th, Mommy had a surgery and had to stay at the hospital for a couple of days; she had to have the parts that made me and Porter taken out...whatever that means! She's doing pretty good, but now she's like us boys - she can't drive and has to have a babysitter all the time. 😄

Mother's Day Weekend was spent with Nana & Papa at our house, so we could keep an eye on Mommy.  We did take Papa to the Bee Open House at UC Davis and we got to make bee houses while we were there, too.





May has kept moving with baseball and school events; my last day will be June 3rd and Porter's is June 7th. We'll start the summer at Nana camp this year to give Mommy a little more time to heal, and then we'll see what adventures I can report on for the summer!

Mama took over as 1st base coach for Mommy to help PJ's team. 
The Grasshoppers start their City Tournament on Friday, May 31.




My team finished our season before the rain came again on the 18th
Porter, Atti and the kids at Spring Lake, welcomed "Hooty" the mascot
to their school at PJ's Open House in the middle of May





We had a special "summer birthdays at the park" day with my school; 
I'm second from the right, and brought strawberries and blueberries as 
my treat to share with the class.
"Me and Porter" have been learning about insects in our classrooms and here are our reports about them.




Comments