Yea, Spring.



Dr. Mischief - potty training in scrubs is totally helpful!

Much excitement during April and May!  Unofficially, people are saying that Mommy and Scout may not make it to July. Thought I'd give a "me" update while I still have a little help, in case our house goes crazy in the next few weeks.


April

5th - Had my first train ride in Old Town Sacramento.  It was great.  We are members this year of the California State Railroad Museum, so we get free train tickets any time we have a need to ride a train.  It was very exciting as we rode along the river and saw some local sites.

So exciting when the train came into the station!





Passing the iconic Sacramento Tower Bridge



11th - started planting our garden for the summer months.  I LOVE digging in dirt!!!













Easter Weekend - On Saturday we went to church with Nana and Papa and in the afternoon I got to go spend time with some of my SCU-"cousins".  We had snacks and playtime at Joey's park and we all had a great time.  On Saturday night we dyed eggs at Nana & Papa's and on Sunday I got to play hide and seek with the pretty eggs. I also got special treats in a basket - and Scout got a basket too!  I don't really understand the whole Easter Bunny thing, but I love colorful eggs and presents.

Sandcastle building with Uncle Matt & Auntie Ngoc


Slide races with Liam

Getting all of us to hold still and smile is tricky!


So not fair!  The egg is the same color as the flowers!

Nana helping me with the cup of dye -
I still think it would look great on her carpet!























27th - FUNDERLAND! Met cousin's Maggie and Little G at the Funderland Amusement Park in Sacramento, with lots of rides and fun for little people like us.  Maggie and I rode on rides until our hearts were content, then we had a picnic across the street.  It was a great time and I took a pretty good nap afterwards!

 
Maggie (in pink), me and Little G
 
 
 
 
 




May

2nd - we celebrated Mommy's birthday weekend at Nana and Papa's, went for a nice walk and just hung out.  Oh, and I came down with Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease.  Not so awesome, but I'm doing great now.












Mother's Day - Nana and Papa came to our house where we just hung out enjoying the weather and playing with bubbles. (plus, I really wasn't allowed in public yet due to my HFM-disease.)


Silliness with Papa...Always!






Everything else - beautiful weather and warm days has meant returning to my water park (Slaven Park), getting to go to Uncle Ken and Uncle Peter's cool pool, Sadie and I getting a new summer pool for the backyard and taking lots of swings off my t-ball set.  I also got my first ear of corn on the cob - that is amazing stuff! 































Scout Update:  Scout is now 34-weeks old and my moms are visiting the doctor more and more often.  There isn't much room on Mommy's lap for me anymore, but we've found a way to read comfortably on the couch and on a big ball for bedtime prayers and song.  I love talking to Scout and kissing Mommy's tummy.  I'm also super convinced that Scout is a baby sister!  The other day Mommy said to me "would you like to go to the store to get your new dresser?" I totally freaked, squealed with excitement and screamed while jumping, "Yes, I want to go get baby sister Scout!!!"  My new dresser is cool and I tell anyone who will listen all about it, but I would have preferred to meet Scout. :)

At 29-weeks, Scout was about the size of an Acorn Squash.



Congrats to SCU-Cousin Aidan who is now a big brother. Cousin Calum was born on May 15th and I can't wait to meet him.

I do hope to provide an update soon, but be patient with me in the coming weeks! Hopefully I'll be telling you all about baby Scout arriving the next time I write!  :)

PJ

Comments

  1. What an exciting time for you and your moms, Porter. Lots and lots of fun things. Wish I could have ridden the tea cup with you! It was always one of my favorites.

    Too bad about not getting to meet Scout. Guess we'll both have to wait for your Baby Sister. Glad your Hoof and Mouth has cleared up.

    All is well in East Glacier. A bear walked by our house last week. He was very energetic, and it made me think of you zipping around everywhere at Christmas.

    Love to you and your whole family. Aunt Bernedette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading all about your spring adventures, Porter! Can't wait to see pics of you holding your baby sister. Love to you all! Love, Cousin Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new postings, Porter! You are so articulate for your age!! Papa and I are so blessed to have been a part of so many of these important events in your life. Thank you for including us. And just for the record, I'm totally with you....I think Baby Scout is a sister too. Won't we be surprised if she's a brother? :) I love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment