Ooopsie-daisey!









I would have written sooner...but I was eaten by a shark!

No, not really.😏  And there have been lots of times since FEBRUARY that I have thought, "this is fun, I should tell my fans about it on the blog."  Then more time passed and I just didn't realize exactly how long it had been.  So, I truly am sorry.  In my defense, my moms have been maniacs in our backyard since March, and though it isn't done, I've had to spend too much of my time supervising them and their shovels, power tools and chaos!  They say for now that things are finally too warm to work, and that they need to save up more money for the next parts of the yard; hopefully that means I can get back to my life! 😃

Here is spring at a glance.  Happy summer!
-Cooper



February:

-After my last post we kicked things off with Valentine's Day Cookie Decorating at the Villager's house, with other kids in the neighborhood.  While we did manage to bring some cookies home, I think we ate a few too many there!






-The first blossoms appeared on our apricot tree!!!  We ended up with about 20 little fruits this year, and got to eat about half (our nasty wind storms and some birds got the others...Mommy said funny words when she'd find them on the ground or half-eaten 😋).



-We had an awesome hail storm one afternoon.  What funny stuff!





















-Brother found out he was on the Raptors for baseball, and Mommy was picked to help coach again.

-I've worked really hard to help Porter with his homework whenever I can, too.  It takes good listening and lots of sitting still.



March 
- Baseball season began...and it's STILL going.  The best part for me is the snack shack, but Porter's team is pretty good too!
Me & Hen watching our big brothers' teams play against each other































- We celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday in Kindergarten on March 2 - brother and Atti were Things.


-We had a baby hummingbird use our apricot tree to learn how to fly on one dreary day.  I named it Heihei.  You can see Mommy's pictures at this link, if you want: Meet Heihei



- Moms started digging in the backyard on March 17th...and they didn't stop for a month!  Good thing we had a delicious St. Patty's Day breakfast to get us through the first morning!




Sadie was not impressed by the obstacle course where she was supposed to go potty!





This is my Moms "We're all done trenching!"-selfie


-A new hiking area to discover with Nana & Papa was a treat at the end of March, too!






April
-EASTER!!
Waiting "patiently" in the hallway
for our Easter baskets





-Right after Easter Mama had to go back to Texas for almost a week to say goodbye to Papaw.  Since it was Porter's Spring Break, though, we tried to stay busy doing fun things so we didn't miss Mama so much.  Mommy stayed busy after we went to bed each night too...she put new shelves in the guest-room closet!

Fairytale Town
Wacky Tacky
                            


Play time with Atti so Mommy could
get groceries
working on Mama's Mother's Day gifts




Porter's 1/2-birthday dinner at McDonald's!




-Mama came home, Porter went back to school and I started soccer at the end of the month.

Annual "Mommy and Me" Day at Raley Field; playing ball with Dinger





Crazy hair day at brother's school



Moms and their sprinkler coach, Mr. Juan, put lots of pipes in the holes in our backyard






May

-Highlights included more soccer, helping with PJ's two fieldtrips, being invited with other families to come see Porter's brand new school for next year and brother getting another "Hawk Award" for Technology.  Moms planted a few more fruit trees, too.  Oh, I also had to have another little surgery, this time for my ears...it was no big deal this time AND I got another new stuffed bear!














I'm with the baby pear tree and PJ is with the peach
And this is the Chinese Pistache that will be great for shade...some day!





Me 3-hours after surgery, no big thing!
                                    



 -Memorial Day Weekend was play for us and Nana, and work for Moms and Papa, as our patio arbor needed to be built before our really hot days returned.  We got some family time with the Villagers at the water park once the job was done.







 June - here we are.  Porter has a week left of school, but we celebrated his "Kindergarten Promotion" this afternoon.  After the kids sang some songs and Porter read a poem, we got to go for frozen yogurt.  I can't wait until I get promoted, too!












Comments