They shoot. THEY SCORE!! Team DeGuin wins again!!




Hey! Porter here. No really, this is actually me, Porter. My mom is busy with her job and us this time around, so I thought I would help her out. Plus, this would be a good time to practice my typing skills. Please sit back and enjoy this blog post.

By,
Porter Productions  ๐Ÿ˜Š

The Winter Holidays: Holiday Pictures
We celebrated Jojo's 3rd birthday(again) in late November.๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฐ  When we got her, her age and birthday was unknown. So, we decided to ask trainers. They came up with around 2-3 years old. We thought that celebrating her 3rd birthday twice might be fun. It totally was! Jo loved it and we thought it was great fun.  She's becoming a really special fury friend and we're so happy to have her in our family.



Thanksgiving was also fun.๐Ÿ— We went to Nana and Papa's house. They made a WONDERFUL meal that everyone enjoyed; turkey, gravy, green beans, olives, yams, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and more, made the menu. I had second helpings of almost everything. The next two days, we saw friends and Santa Clara Cousins at local parks. We also watched a movie (or two). We had a great time. 



Christmas was awesome!๐ŸŽ We spent Christmas at our house this year, first with Nana, Papa & Gruncle on 12/24 & 25, then with Graunty and Uncle Cliff from the 25th-30th! My favorite Christmas present was my cool new skateboard. Coop's favorite thing was his stocking surprises, including a Pokรฉmon LEGO figure (Pickachu). One of the days while Graunty and Uncle Cliff were here, we went to In-N-Out for lunch and then went to a cool place called MOSAC - it is a pretty new kids science museum in Sacramento. 

Wearing our Patrick Mahomes NFL Jerseys from Graunty


For New Year's Eve, we invited our neighbors over to the backyard to celebrate. We played a fun game while enjoying the warmth of a nice, warm, crackling fire. 

School:
School has been fun for both Cooper and me. Coop-a-loop lost his first tooth in the middle of class in December (and a second one before Christmas, so he really was wishing for his two front teeth this year!). We had some art chosen to hang in the School District building downtown. I created a picture by printing; Coop made a cool valentine picture. I won an award for personal responsibility in December. I was chosen for Student Advisory Council earlier this school year and we're making after school clubs now that will run through the spring.  Cooper's class has currently been learning about insects and plants. My class has been learning about California history and the gold rush. We read a book and article, we're going to watch a movie, and we're going to go on a field trip in April. Oh, and my class entered a(n) art competition.๐ŸŽจ





Sports:
I started basketball in Decemburr, and finished in the first week of February (my team, the Bulldogs, made it to the city tournament๐Ÿ€). Cooper started basketball in January and ended on the 5th of March. Cooper and Henry (of the Villagers) got to be on the same team, and it was fun to have all of us at their games each week cheering them on!








I had opening ceremonies and my first games for Woodland Little League on the day Coop ended basketball. My baseball team is the Chicago Cubs and I am in the AAA division this year, meaning the kids are finally the ones pitching the ball, not coaches or a machine!⚾ We also get real umpires, a score board and get to play most of games on the big field with actual stands for the fans and underground dugouts! I even pitched one pitch that ended the game, when the ball came right back to me and I threw the batter out at 1st base! Cooper starts soccer at the end of March.⚽



Music and Everything Else:
Coop and I have been taking piano lessons. I recently moved up another level. I've been practicing and lessons are on Wednesdays (Cooper doesn't like to practice as much, but he is doing really well when he does). I also got to start taking strings at school this year as a 4th grader, and that teacher comes on Fridays.  

On Feb. 1 we celebrated 5-years (already!) at our house on Read Court!  Later in the month we re-made a picture with the Villagers, that was originally taken shortly after meeting them 5-years ago! Aren't we cute?! ๐Ÿ˜


2.18.2017



2.21.2022


On Valentines we went to Sacramento to tour Sutter's Fort. That was pretty cool.






Moms took us to a women's basketball game in early March at UC Davis.  We couldn't stay for the whole game because it was a school night, but we got free t-shirts and had a blast!





Our Pastor has been doing "family church" every other Sunday at our church, outdoors, and it's nice seeing our church friends again as all of us kids are able to be vaccinated.  Everyday life is great and things are finally coming together again!






Comments

  1. Clap, clap, clap...wonderful job Porter! You represented your family and activities just like your mom would have, but you had your own style which was so fun. Informative, witty, very well done. You should keep writing, whether it's more blog posts or other things. Keep it up! I also loved both your and Cooper's artwork. Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment