Farewell '14, Hello '15!




Happy New Year!  My bad on not posting for awhile.  I've provided brief summaries of the end of the year below and have provided picture links to fill in the details.  There are some snapshots on how the new year has started too!
October 2014
A few days after returning home from Mickey's House for my birthday, Mommy went back to work part time.  A couple of days later Memaw and Pawpaw came for a long weekend visit.  They were here to witness Cooper and Mama's adoption hearing on October 10th, a really exciting date in which the judge said that Mama is not only mine, but she is Cooper's too!  During the rest of the month we visited pumpkin patches, rode the "Spookamotive Train" in Sacramento, had a visit from Nana and Papa and celebrated Halloween (I was Mickey Mouse!). It was a full month of excitement.
October 2014 pictures


November 2014
This month was a little more quiet, though I did have my "3-year pictures" taken and got to spend some time at the Sacramento Children's Museum with "cousins" Maggie & Gillian - that was great fun.  Things wrapped up with Thanksgiving at Nana and Papa's house and an annual SCU-Family reunion the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  All of us kids are getting so big, it's fun to get together to play!  November 2014 pictures


December 2014
Ok, so December was a little (totally!) crazy, but it was super fun too.  I love all the "pretty lights", my Advent Calendar, Ho-Ho Santa Claus and "snow people".   We kicked off the month by picking our Christmas tree out on December 5th, the next morning we got to go to Woodland's 50th Holiday Parade downtown.  There were police cars, old fire trucks, horses, bands, floats and more fun then I knew what to do with. 

The following week, we rode the Polar Express Train from Sacramento to the North Pole. I got to stay up past my bedtime, drink hot-chocoate and eat chocolate-chip cookies, see the elves working hard and Santa came on board to give everyone a silver bell.  It was really special and a treat that Nana & Papa could come with us.

When not doing fun things, we were preparing our house and baking for a holiday party that we had on the 20th, 2-days after Mommy resigned from UC Davis.  We went to Sunnyvale on the 24th where Unclefer and Zia joined us for Christmas with their puppy Meia, then we flew to Texas on the 26th to spend a week there with Mama's family for the holidays.  Lots of family and lots of fun!
December 2014 pictures


2015
Now we are into January and things have slowed down a bit, though life is still pretty interesting.  With Mommy home every day we are finding new routines and schedules, and I have enjoyed a few times now, defiantly not getting out of my pajamas all day, just because I could!  I do miss Willy and the kids, but I really like being able to go on walks and to the park in the middle of the day with Mommy and Cooper. Plus I am getting to hangout with kids at Sunday School now, and Mommy says we will probably start doing some other things soon so that I can be with kids again. The most interesting things this month, however, involve Cooper who is getting so big. 

Cooper update: He is now 6-months old and wearing 12-month clothes.  The doctor says he is very healthy at 20+ pounds and almost 27" long.  Cooper started solid foods on January 4th with rice cereal, and now every few days he is getting to try different other foods that Mama has made up for him and frozen in an ice-cube tray.  Isn't that funny?  Food in an ice-cube tray?! Haahahaha.  Anyway, he's now had butternut squash, avocado and broccoli and he eats it all (though he does make funny faces sometimes!).  Cooper is also getting up on his knees and rocking as he tries to figure out how to crawl, he's sitting up all by himself to play and just in the last few days he started saying "mamama", "papapapa" and "babababa"; I don't know what "babababa" is supposed to be, but I'm taking it as him saying "big brother!". :)
Mommy's first day on the new job. We told her we like to go for walks to Jamba Juice. :)
(this will help her out when her appraisal process begins)




playing hard

working hard



gotta get grocery shopping done...and Cooper
can sit in the cart now by himself!

brotherly love - we really do like each other!


That's my update, hope to write again soon. Enjoy the pictures!
-PJ



Comments

  1. Yeah! I just figured out how to see the more recent posts! I can't wait to see y'all in person. Love, Graunty M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment