I Have Arrived

Hello world!  Here I am.  Today is my 1-week birthday, if you can believe that...please forgive my moms for not updating the blog sooner, I have kind of been keeping them busy. 



Well, maybe not "busy", so much as keeping them focused on me or getting them to go to sleep so I can get a few minutes of peace and quiet to myself.  They're doing a pretty good job, I think; I haven't really wanted for much yet.

Sadie-dog seems nice, she is always near me and really protective of anyone that comes to the house.  She's very gentle with me when she sniffs my feet (which tickles!), and she's always sure to get one of my mom's, if she thinks the other mom is taking too long to quiet me down when I'm upset.  I think we'll be great friends once I'm a little more mobile on my own. 

My highlights in the last week include gaining back 3.5ounces since leaving the hospital, letting my moms get up to 4-hours of sleep at one time and scaring Mommy (Amanda) to death one night while I was feeding, when I had a diaper blow out in the quiet of the wee morning hours.  Mama (Tina) thought it was hysterical and keeps bringing it up each day.

Many thanks to the folks that have brought my moms dinner this last week, and are signed up for future weeks.  I have enjoyed meeting some of you, but know that many more introductions will happen in coming months. 

So, I think that's about all until the next time I have a few minutes to write. Thanks for all the great notes and well wishes in the last week. I'm so glad to finally be here...it was quite the journey!   -Porter

Comments

  1. Little man is not only simply gorgeous (omg that silky hair!!) but also quite the model and a true literary genius. What a gifted one-week-old! Congrats, Mommy and Mama! --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful boy and family. Such a head of hair! - Nancy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking boy and how nice he slept a 4 hour stretch the very first week.:-) He sounds like a good sleeper right from the start, just like my Blake. Oh, and I just have to LOL at the diaper blowout story. I bet it was hilarious to witness that(for Tina, anyway)! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment