From August and Beyond!


Hey, peeps! Porter coming in for another Porter Production. Here are some more fun activities in the DeGuin family life. Enjoy a great article!

Porter Productions

-Nana Camp: Our first activity lands in the Bay Area...way back in August! We went to Nana and Papa camp just 3-days after we got home from Texas. We did SO many fun activities. It started at Linden Tree books on Thursday. Then on Friday we went new school shoe shopping and then to Nana's farmer's market. Saturday, we went to the beach and had a nice picnic lunch in a Redwood Forest. Sunday's activities included playing ladder ball with Papa while Nana got stuff ready for a tea party. On Monday, we went to California's Great America, an amusement park. SUPER FUN! Tuesday, we went to Barnes and Noble and the LEGO store.  You can find more picture here: Nana AND Papa Camp 2022


While we were gone, I think Moms had a miserable time and did nothing but sit and wait for us to return.  At least that's what we like to tell ourselves!  And JoJo seemed pretty glad to see us when we returned, too! And so were the Villagers for the last of summer crazy!



-Back to School! School at Spring Lake Elementary started on August 15. Cooper's teacher is Ms. Tsutsui, 3rd grade. My teacher is Mrs. Soto, 5th grade.  And Mommy is in kindergarten...AGAIN!πŸ˜„ Cooper is enjoying the math, science and art that he is getting to do.  I love the increasing technology that I get to use! I've also started trombone this school year, and I help out at lunch recess with the little kids one day a week as a "Conflict Manager".  It's fun, but sometimes the Littles say and do things I just have not been trained to handle.  Mommy says it's ok, because there really is no training for some of the things they do! πŸ˜‚


Carpool Crew




- Sea Ranch: August 18-21, we went to Sea Ranch to get away from the crazy county fair. Thanks to Uncle Ken and Aunt Shana who let us borrow their cool beach home for the weekend, we had 4 uninterrupted days of family time before the Fall crazy got going. We went to a chapel, forest, and the beach.  On different days we saw interesting things on Hwy 1: The Children's Bell Tower, Fort Ross, a famous obelisk and the Point Arena lighthouse!  Sea Ranch Pictorial


-Sports: Coop played baseball with Woodland Little League. I returned to fall soccer with Davis AYSO.  We were both done with the regular season in October, but I got to play in a soccer tournament with my team into early November and we finished in 4th place out of 12 teams!  







-Birthdays: For Mama's 51st birthday, we went to the traveling "VanGogh Experience" in Sacramento! They had 3-D art and even some rooms with moving pictures. We had a wonderful time. For my birthday, we went to "Brick Fest Live!", also a traveling show that happened to come to Sac...just in time for me! 😁 They had glow in the dark Legos, Lego sculptures, Build-your-own and Race Cars, and many more fun activities. We had an amazing time, and even got to meet Manny from the first season of Lego Masters. The day after my birthday, we went to Fenton's, had dinner, then shared an AMAZING ice cream sundae. Check out all the fun here: Birthdays!



-Woodland Opera House: This fall, I did a "Rotten to the Core" villains' workshop and the weekend performance showcase was in December.😈   I've had so much fun performing at the Opera House, in October I decided to be brave and audition for an actual musical, "Disney's Aristocats, Jr."!    I was stunned to be invited to stay for callbacks the very night I auditioned, and 24-hours later I was asked to play the role of Thomas O' Malley, the leader of the Alley Cats. I was, and still am, very excited! Rehearsals for me start in 2-weeks, the ~1 hour show will be performed the last two weekends in February and the first weekend in March.  "Everybody wants to be a cat!" 😻





-Family Photo Shoot: As a fundraiser for our school, we were able to have new family photos taken this Fall.  Now that Christmas is past and present have been opened, I'm happy to share a few of our favorites!





-Holidays: For Hallow's Eve, we went to a pumpkin patch with our cousins (Jack and Gillian) and then carved our pumpkins. They were quite scary!  I was a baseball player for Halloween this year and Cooper was a rockin' Harry Potter, thanks to Nana's awesome sewing skills!

For the first time ever, we hosted Thanksgiving. Aunt Sheralyn came down from Oregon, Gruncle came, and Nana and Papa came. We did a fun turkey craft with wooden blocks (mommy got the idea and spare parts from helping the kindergarteners!) and went on a hike with the whole family.  Then, we visited our Santa Clara cousins for the first "Friendsgivingmas" in 2-years and made delicious hot cocoa.


Between the two big holidays for us, and my performance weekend, we had an early Christmas with Uncle Peter and Mr. Manny at the cabin, where lots of beautiful snow had fallen a week earlier.  We got to return to the Bear Valley slopes and ski school again (it's been almost 3 years!) and create some amazing sledding tracks on the golf course outside the cabin door!

For Christmas, we first had some FaceTime Christmases with Memaw and Aunt Bernedette (not the same as in-person, but technology sure is great sometimes!), then we went to the Bay to spend time with our Sunnyvale grandparents. My favorite present was a new football and flag football set. Coop's favorite present was his Legos (Charmander PokΓ©mon and Harry Potter Dumbledor's Office). Holiday Pictures


JoJo: We've officially had JoJo for 2-years. We celebrated her "4th" birthday right after Thanksgiving.  She's come a really long ways and we are loving having her as our pup!










Comments

  1. I was very excited to see the new blog post! Sounds like you four have had an adventuresome and fabulous end to 2022. Congrats on the role in the show! I wish we lived closer so we could come see you perform. I also think it's very cool that your school has Conflict Managers like you to help work out any quarrels that pop up. I've wanted to go to the Van Gough exhibit and now I also want to visit Sea Ranch. I've never heard of it but the pictures you shared have helped me to now add that place to my future travels list. I hope you continue to have a fantastic new year and I hope your mom's are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment