Whatawinter!


We're stuck at home now, like most everyone else in the world I think, so thought I'd say hello while I have some extra time on my hands.  We'll just consider this craziness the start of spring and I'll let you know how we all survived in a few months.  

For now, here are our winter adventures that I'm calling "Whatawinter".  Last summer when we were in Texas, we drove by a restaurant called "Whataburger". Have you heard of it?  I thought it was the funniest thing, so now I'm being funny.  Isn't that clever of me?! 😄

Love,
"Why are adults being so weird about toilet paper?!" - Cooper


January was pretty quiet.  Porter started playing basketball with the YMCA, his team was the Golden Hawks.  You can find a few pictures and videos of his season by clicking here: Porter's Golden Hawks!  I did not want to do a winter activity, but I was a really good cheerleader of brother's!



My big news for January was that I earned my first school award at the end of the month for "Cooperation and Teamwork"!  I was excited, but pretty shy in front of the whole school. I did let Mommy take my picture afterwards.  I also think it super-cool that my name is in the word 'COOPERation'! 😊

                                  





February had some interesting school activities, like Porter's class's meal worm study, the celebration of 100-days of school for everyone and the "Q & U Wedding" that the kindergarteners celebrated.

      
Porter studying meal worms & asking for pictures with his teacher, Mrs. Gillette, in the middle of class!





the "dog park" I created on the 101st day of school, when we had a 101-Dalmatian theme

I got the dancing train started at the Q&U-Wedding reception!

And while I love school, we had some pretty fun weekends, too, including two weekends at Uncle Peter's cabin! The first trip was the first time we'd been in the snow in three years, the second trip we  got to learn how to ski, and go hiking at Big Trees State Park.  Arnold, California is "so cool"!  Check out our fun-times pictures at these two links:  Winter Fun 1 at Dogwood Cabin  and Winter Fun 2 at Dogwood Cabin.

Valentine's Weekend brought Nana & Papa to us for a surprise trip to see Disney on Ice; Porter wore his Woody costume to the show, but I just wanted to wear my new Toy Story hat (and not take pictures!). The rest of the weekend Papa & Moms (and Gruncle's extra hands when it came time to pushing the wheelbarrow), did some concrete work in the backyard. "Me and Porter" even got to put our hand prints in the wet cement - it was cold and squishy!  But more importantly, now the shed has a good place to sit and the trash cans don't sit in the mud anymore!








The month ended with Opening Ceremonies for Little League Baseball. Mommy is supposed to help coach both of our teams; me with the "Thunder", and brother with the "Red Wings" (well, maybe, if we ever get to play again)!




The excitement in March was during the first week, when we celebrated "Read Across America" Week at School and Dr. Seuss's birthday.  "Thing 2" made guest appearances throughout the week at school and read in several classrooms - it was "awesome"!  And Mommy read to Porter's class three different days that same week. 😁






Porter had several baseball games in the first couple of weeks of March and I had started practicing, but no games yet.  Then right before the world went into hiding on March 13, I got to be "calendar helper" in my classroom for a whole week. It is a very important job in my class and one I was excited to have!  Here are a couple of videos of me doing my best at my job!

















Comments