Winter Quarter




Per the usual, the new year started slow and has quickly been gaining speed towards spring.  I don't know how anyone can keep up with anything!


January 2014:
We stayed so close to home and things were so quiet, there aren't even any pictures of me! What is up with that?! 

-Scout Update:  My moms are helping me learn about how Baby Scout is growing, by comparing the baby to different types of fruits and vegetables each week.  I'm also taking really good care of the baby doll that I got for Christmas and I really love the "God Gave Us Two" book that we read pretty regularly.  It's about a Polar Bear Family that has a new baby that is going to join them; I hope I get a Polar Bear in July! :) 

At 15-weeks, Scout was about the size of an Orange.





February 2014:
-February 1-2: Went to Nana's and Papa's for Super Bowl Weekend, because we hadn't been since Christmas.

Nana and I didn't want to watch football...
...so we made an awesome reading fort instead!














-Feb. 15-17:  Went to visit Unclefer and Zia in San Diego.  We got to see the new house that they bought, have lots of silly time and go to Sea World.  I spent the day at Sea World speechless and most of you know that is not my mode of operation!  I couldn't believe the size and beauty of so many cool animals, some of which I had never heard of, and others I had only seen in books.  Since returning home, however, I love to see the pics and videos my moms took of that day and tell anyone who will listen about how the whales and dolphins "splashed" in the water.   (sorry to Unc and Zia, who apparently are only in vertical pictures that Blogger won't attach right now. :p )










-End of February: "Aunt" Monica, Mama's special friend, came all the way from New York to come and see me.  We went to the Sacramento Children's Museum and I got to take her to the California Railroad Museum in Old Town Sac for the first time.  Monica has lots of her own nieces and nephews, so we got along great and had lots of fun!






















-Scout Update: Mommy had a 20-week ultrasound that showed pictures of Scout and baby is doing great!  We also took another Produce Picture!
Baby Scout's Profile

Scout's foot
At 20-weeks, Scout was roughly the size of a Banana - YUM!





















March 2014
-March 8-9: Nana & Papa came for a weekend visit and we went and found a new wildlife refuge area.  Saw lots of interesting birds and a bunny, but the best part was all the walkways for me to run wild on and enjoy the out-of-doors!

Mr. Hambone

Lovin' on Mama

Special Family Time


-March 12th:  after work one windy afternoon, my moms and I went home and flew a kite for the first time.  "Cousin" Maggie had given it to me last spring, and I finally got to fly my owl.  It was lots of fun!

It's a bird!  It's a Plane! No, its...look, there's the moon.


-March 15-16: Annual Donut Night at Nana's - need I say more?  Unclefer and Zia even came back to visit and it was a wonderful weekend!


The "Kids" who grew up together...some of whom have their own kids now.


-March 21: My first dentist appointment - and everyone said I was a rock-star!  I sat in the exam chair all by myself.  I had pictures taken of my teeth, I had a cleaning done with chocolate toothpaste (yum!) and the dentist did what he had to do.  I got to wear sunglasses, watch Brother Bear on the TV on the ceiling and at the end of my check-up, I got a Lightening McQueen (from the movie Cars) electric toothbrush.  I can't wait to go back in 6-months! 






-March 27-30:  Another grand adventure.  My moms had the 28th off from work so we went to Nana's and Papa's on the 27th.  We all spent the night, but then my grandparents and I decided 1) I needed some alone time in Sunnyvale with them, and 2) that my moms should get away before baby Scout arrives.  Nana and I went to a Children's Museum in Palo Alto on Friday, I got to visit with the neighbors and we went to the park with Sadie after Papa came home. 

On Saturday, we drove to Monterey and met my moms at the Monterey Bay Aquarium for my first visit with the fishes.  Papa got me my very own Membership Card like his for this year, so I was anxious to use it.  I wasn't as speechless as Sea World since I knew a little of what to expect, but seeing the jellyfish, lobsters, turtles, sharks, octopus & otters, touching star fish & kelp and having giant waves go over me in the clear tunnel was awesome!  Since I have my own member card, I'm hoping my grandparents will take me again soon, with or without my moms!





-Scout Update:  Scout is now 25-weeks old (and a cauliflower?!).  At Mommy's check-up last week the midwife said all was going great and Scout's heartbeat was approximately 160bpm.  That's fast!


April 2014
-I turned 2 1/2 today, April 3rd.  It feels amazing and my moms got me my first tee-ball set.  Baseball season here I come!


For now, I think that's all.  Enjoy spring and the many wonderful things that come with a new season and fresh growth.

-Porter

Comments

  1. Wow, Porter, you did better at the dentist than Uncle Gary does!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have grown so much Porter and are going to be a WONDERFUL big brother! Thanks for sharing all the fun you've been having this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment