Happy New Year, Y'all!

Tractor outfit for my trip to Texas
(courtesy of my Uncles Ken & Peter and Aunt Shana & Uncle Steve)

Greetings and saluations to 2012!  I hope your holidays were restful and memorable as we all start more adventures in the new year.

After I last wrote, Mommy did some practice hours at work while I hung out at Willy's.  I'm the youngest one at Willy's, and I already have quite the fan club.  When Mommy would drop me off late-morning, we'd go into Willy's house and all the kids would stand at the baby gate and yell, "Baby Porter is here!  Yea!"  It was pretty cool.  Since I'm such a laid back guy, being at Willy's ain't no thang...I sleep there, I poop there and Willy does a good job giving me my "Cafe de Mommy" to-go option, so I think all will be well long term.

On December 18 I got to fly to a far-away land with interesting people, called Texas.  I did a great job flying, and Mama got an "A-for-effort" on changing me in the airplane restroom.  We got our first set of "wings" after Mama stumbled out of the bathroom and the flight attendant said, "You did it girl, you did it!"  I'm not really sure what all that means, I just wanted some clean pants after the mess I made.  What was with the pressure in that plane?!
hanging out with Mama and Memaw











time with Uncle Gary

I was so relaxed with Aunt Bernie







Aunt Ronda was really comfy too...

Once in Texas I had the honor of finally meeting my Aunt Margaret (she's crazy!) & Uncle Cliff, Memaw & Pawpaw (Mama's parents), Aunt Ronda, Uncle Gary & Aunt Berni, Aunt Melissa, Uncle James & cousins Isabella and Juliana and many, many more.   Aunt Melissa had a big party for me at their house in Houston, so I could meet all sorts of other family, like Great Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary and other cousins. It was exhausting! My special apologies to cousin Jules, for messing up her changing pad...again, the pressure. I think it was left over from our plane ride. I was so embarassed!
 
Great Aunt Mary & Uncle Joe, PawPaw & Memaw and Great Aunt Margaret & Uncle Cliff
(and cousin Jules, too)



playing with Aunt Margaret and cousin Sophia
(who has my same birthday!)


Me with 4 Denena Cousins; there are a total of 11 of them, + me.
pictured left to right: Bella, Benjamin, Max & Ella

After catching my first cold on the 22nd, we had a very nice Christmas celebration on the 24th (which I still don't totally understand) with some of the Denena clan, then flew back to Nana's and Papa's on the 25th for another party (celebration of another baby that was born?).  I did another great job flying back to California, and one flight attendant asked Mama if she was my grandma.  Isn't that hysterical?!  Mama doesn't laugh when Mommy tells that story, but other people do, so it must be a funny thing.  I am very grateful for the books, clothes, socks, lovies and new toys that my moms got to open for me; can't wait for next year when I get to help a little more.  Plus, who wouldn't want an
occassion to wear red striped pants once a year?!
Christmas Eve
Christmas morning with Nana & Papa













After Christmas we came back to Woodland where Mama and I took care of Mommy, after I gave her my sickness.  For New Year's, we went to my cousin Maggie's house (Mommy's godchild), and she is such a big girl now, she gave me her last soothie (pacifier) to have.  Wasn't that nice of her?
Maggie giving me her last "soothie" (don't worry, it was washed first!)

On January 1st, I chaperoned Mommy and Mama to brunch at Brix in Napa, in honor of their 8th anniversary on January 2nd.  I went to give them tips on how to manage the "all-you-could-eat" format, since that is something I'm currently a pro at.

Brix in Napa

I really wanted to try these goodies....







Otherwise, I'm spending more and more time awake each day, "talking" up a storm, sleeping nights in my crib in my room with usually only one wake-up/feeding time and only getting more and more cute (so they tell me).  I was "13-weeks" on January 2nd, but "officially" 3-months on January 3rd.  Life is just getting so fun!

Until February....PJ

Comments

  1. I've been checking twice a day to get the latest update!!! Sooo glad we got to spend time with the three of you for a few days.

    Don't forget to book early at Chez Williams in East Glacier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new pics! He's so cute! In the pic right under the "Happy New Year, Y'all" I think he look likes you, Amanda!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment