Ta-da!

There have been some completions and successes within the last week, for which I'll share a few.

At a check-up last Friday (8/12/11), it was confirmed by my girth and other measurements that 'yup, [I'm] almost 32 weeks.'  Thank you Captain Obvious.  Otherwise, Little Lug's heartbeat was still pumping at 142 bpm and is always so cool to hear.  That never gets old since it's been 12-weeks since our last pictures.  I have found myself starting to imagine what baby is going to look like - it will be fascinating to see.


We are happy to report that the master bathroom remodel, painting and installation of new cabinets into the master bedroom were all completed last week as well.  Carpets were even cleaned.  A huge relief to have those things done, so that we can finish our other various projects, including my 'nesting' into spaces that I had wait for.  :)


Monday (8/15/11) officially marked the start of my 32 week of pregnancy, which has meant a number of things.  First, it has apparently meant, as of Sunday night, that I'm going to have issues sleeping.  I knew the time would come, but it still sucks!  Second, it apparently meant that my size has changed this week, literally over night.  By Tuesday my thought was "this stinks, I feel pregnant!"  :)  Finally, and most importantly, I have felt baby tumbling and poking more than ever before and it is a complete riot.  On Thursday morning I felt a strange little bump on my lower tummy and kind of panicked (since I can't see that part of my stomach); I asked Tina to feel the spot I was concerned about, to which she smiled and said, "must be a finger or toe or something".  Sure enough, after poking, the 'little bump' went a way.  Such a trip!  :)


The last and most recent accomplishment was successfully putting together the crib last night, without damaging ourselves or the new crib.  Once there is a mattress, the thing will actually be usable.  Yea us!  Lug's room is now starting to look like it is going to be a baby's room, as opposed to an empty room with a bookcase full of kids books.  Hooray!


We're off to take our 'babymoon' this weekend in Mendocino, Sadie-girl even gets to come.  Perhaps I'll share a few highlights when we return.

Comments