Oh Me, Oh My! What a July!

 
Cooper turned 1 and it was so much fun!
 

What a fantastic month July was - lots of fun, all the time! 

July 3-7:  Memaw and Papaw came for the 4th of July!  We had a fun time taking them back to Tilden Park to ride the train and have a picnic, then we just hung out at home. 









July 10:  Mommy's friend Velvet from college, stopped to spend the night with her 3-daughters on their way from Utah to Aptos, CA for vacation.  Since it was my bedtime when they arrived, we made the most of our short morning visit to play as hard as possible!!!

Laura & Grace playing kitchen with Cooper
(from L-R) Kate, Laura, Grace


July 12 & 13:  Cooper's 1st Birthday!!  We celebrated at the park across the street from house with friends and family on the 12th.  My moms went all out with a Dr. Seuss theme, complete with desserts, décor and labels for the food.  They seemed to have a fun time and Mommy says that "if you're going to put the energy into a birthday party, you might as well go all out and make it fun for the planners too!"  I don't really get what that means, but I'm sure you do.

For Cooper's actual birthday (7/13), we spent the day as a family taking Cooper to the Sacramento Zoo (his second visit), and rode for his first time the train and the carousel.  We also had a picnic lunch of all our leftovers from the party before heading home for naps.  We spent the afternoon at my "water park" where Cooper slowly got the hang of playing in the water, also a first for him (he's a total pro at it now, a month+ later!!).

Check out a few pictures from the two days of excitement at the Picasa link, Happy Birthday, Cooper! here


The rest of July:  On Wednesdays we went to the Cache Creek Nature Conservancy for an awesome FREE summer program for kids, "Wacky Wilderness Wednesdays".  We learned about nature, water, made art projects and the last week, played games. On the first week, I got some special souveniers including a flashlight, a pair of sunglasses and a special "critter"...a tick! (Don't worry, everything turned out ok with the tick.) It was a special activity to look forward to each week.  Our other busyness included friends' birthday parties, a game night at our house with friends, taking swim lessons, finishing gymnastics, taking family pictures & Cooper's 1-year pictures and using our new membership for Fairytale Town (thanks Driver Family!).




My friend Jordan was at the last Wacky Wilderness day!



With Miss Adrienne - testing out card-game faces






Last gymnastics class - I loved Teacher Merrie!
 
 
 
 
 
 







 
July 27:  Cooper got his 1st Haircut!




July 29:  Cooper officially started walking! (and now he's all over the place)




August:  A quieter month, though lots of visits with family, including with my great, great Aunt Marj who came and visited from Washington!  I started at Woodland Christian Preschool August 19th and it is A-MA-Zing! I go 3-mornings a week and so far I have learned about the letter A, the numbers 1 & 2, Teddy Bears and the Creation Story.  My best buddy Nolan from Willy's is in my classroom, and I'm having fun meeting lots of new kids, too.



I think that should get everyone caught up.  I likely will be back with updates in October, because you know the exciting things that happen then!!! 

Be well,
PJ
Brotherly Love - 7/25/15. Taken by Marita, Madeloni Photography

Comments

  1. Oh, you boys have more fun than a barrel of moneys!!! And you have the best moms in the world. Happy Life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment