Summer has just begun


Though summer feels as if it has just begun, somehow July is on us in a matter of days.  We have many more fun adventures coming up in the next few weeks, so I don't want to fall too far behind.  Here are my tales of our escapades from the last month.



At the end of May my family and I ran a 5k in Sacramento, and I ran a 1/4-mile super-hero kid's run all by myself. My mom's borrowed a double-stroller from some friends for the family 5k and it was a beautiful morning to be out.  The best part about my kid's run, besides my new t-shirt, medal and cape, is that on the post-race email that was sent out to hundreds of people, my smiling face was front and center.  Who knew?!?!

 


Screenshot of Post-Race Email with ME!!!

 In early June, so that Nana didn't go through withdrawals from not seeing me and Cooper for so long, we met Nana and Papa in the Oakland Hills at Tilden Regional Park for a steam-train ride, a picnic and a hike.
 
 
 
The following week Mommy, Cooper and I returned to Oakland to go to the Zoo with Auntie Valerie and Cousin Joey, and the next day as a family we went to the little town of Rumsey, CA for the Cache Creek Lavender Festival.  So many awesome things to do at this time of year!
 
Being silly with Joey on a "Tomato Frog" (statue)




 
 
Other than that, we've finished music class for the summer, I've started 'Nastics (gymnastics) for a few weeks, we've been to our uncles' for swimming time and we're hanging around trying to stay cool as we've heated up here in "the country".  We spent two weekends ago celebrating both Father's Day with Papa, and a very special "big birthday" with our Nana!!  Finally, I got to be a super-big kid and attend Vacation Bible Camp at our church last week.  If you ask me my favorite part, I'll tell you it was learning about Jesus and touching a real snake that came to visit us from the Sacramento Zoo! :)
 



 

summer fun in our backyard pool
 
 
playing at Uncle Ken's and Uncle Peter's
Cooper and godfather Peter








Cooper Update:
Cooper is now exactly 2-weeks from turning 1!  He has 6-teeth, is starting to hold on a little more to people's fingers to walk and LOVES playing in the sand at the park with me.  He waves and says "dy-dy" (bye-bye), says three words of a music class song and is eating lots of food that we eat.  His favorite right now is watermelon - can't say I blame him!

 



The next few weeks will be exciting with a visit from Memaw and Papaw from Texas, the 4th of July, Cooper's Birthday and more!  Can't wait to share those exciting times with you.  Until then, please view the below demonstration on how to celebrate any of your own upcoming festivities that may include ice-cream. Cheers!

-PJ

Comments

  1. My beautiful little babies. What a fun and loving life you have with Mommy and Mama.

    Aunt Bernedette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment