Mickey and Me: I am 3!

This post, mostly in pictures on Picasa, is all about my mind-blowing 3rd birthday at Disneyland! 
 
 


 
The short version is this:  2-weeks before our trip Mommy made me a countdown chain, that I took a link off of each day. It was great!  When all the rings were together they looked like little Mickey Mouses, and every fourth day to separate the Mickey's, was a Tinkerbell ring (I kind of have a thing for her right now...) that gave me a special task like, hopping like Tigger or singing the "Hot Dog" song from Mickey Mouse Club House.  On the inside of the non-Tink rings were pictures of many of my favorite characters.  Each morning I would remind Mommy that we hadn't done our "wink [link] yet" - it was a great way to build excitement towards our trip and my birthday!
 







The day before my birthday we flew from "our airport" [Sacramento] and when we arrived at the Disneyland airport, there were Nana and Papa waiting for me where our bags came out.  How did they get there?! We drove to a hotel that was across the street from "Mickey's House" and Unclefer and Zia drove from there house to meet all of us. My moms requested a special Mickey-room for us, so it was covered in wall decals and pictures of my special Mickey & Friends, including a shower curtain that had a great big Mickey and Minnie on it.

On October 3rd I had a special birthday breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel where Mickey and Friends greeted me, came to my table to wish me happy birthday and did random dance parties in the front of the restaurant.  I even got a chocolate birthday cupcake while the staff sang a "Zippity Do-Dah Birthday Song".   It was so fun to not only see my special friends, but get to dance with them too!  Two of my most favorite things.   For dinner that night Nana & Papa treated us to dinner at a restaurant in the Grand Californian Hotel and Nana had a special birthday cake ordered for me there, that came with a real toy car that had Mickey and Pluto in it.  All Disney, all the time.  It was the best!

We spent two awesome days riding rides, meeting lots of Disney Friends, going to parades and getting to stay up late for fun shows like fireworks, since I took good naps during the day back at our Mickey room.  Since coming home I like to talk about which rides were "scary" and the rides that were "not scary, that was fun".  For example, "that Mr. Toad driver was scary, but Peter Pan not scary, that was fun." I've also started singing It's a Small World song - thanks, Nana! :)

That's the quick summary - pictures tell a better story.  Check out the Picasa link to see what a good time I had:  Mickey-n-Me

Hope to write again soon,
3-year old PJ

Comments

  1. What a great way to celebrate your third birthday, Porter. You'll have to go back when Cooper can stay awake!!! Love to all the DeGuins. Aunt Bernedette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda and Tina, this was such fun to read and see the precious photos of T and C. What a great first trip to Disneyland. Are you all still singing It's a Small World? :) (I still am, and I haven't been to Disneyland in about 25 years.) I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment