And now I am 2.

That's a banana split!


I last wrote after the adventures in Montana and Texas, but half the summer was still left and a few things have happened since.

July
-"Cousin" Maggie turned 4 and we celebrated at her house.  The next weekend my moms took me, Maggie and baby-sister Gillian to The Bounce Spot in Sacramento to go crazy while Maggie's parents changed houses.  We had a blast; Mama had baby Gillian-time which she loved and Mommy was silly (surprise!).




-I started 'gymnastics' on Saturday mornings for a month.  We had organized stretching at the end of class, but other wise it was a free-for-all for 30-minutes each week.  The trampoline was probably my most favorite thing, probably because I'm told a lot that I must be related to Tigger since I like to bounce a lot!


















August
-Had a special play date with "Nolie" (Nolan) from Willy's at the water park and we had a wonderful time!


-We had a Santa Clara Crew Reunion one weekend while visiting Nana and Papa's.


-Took another 2-weeks of swim lessons and even went off the diving board at the last two classes!


-Nana, Papa and I decided that we wanted some alone time at the end of August, so we sent my moms away for the weekend to Lake Tahoe.  We had a blast without them and stayed busy going to gymnastics, the water park, Red Robin Restaurant and putting together a new hammock for Mommy's "back to school gift" from Mama.








September
-Mostly played and enjoyed the end of summer.  My moms were super busy at work starting another school year with new students, so we stayed as closed to home as possible when they weren't working.
 


 
Popsicle and doggie "ice-cream" treats with my pup



-Had the annual super-birthday celebration in mid-September for Papa, Mama and Zia.  Unclefer and Zia came to visit from San Diego and my great, great Aunt Marj from Seattle was able to join us too.






-Graunty came to visit the last weekend in September, just because she is awesome!  We hung out, went to music class which started again this month and Mommy and I were the designated drivers for a wine-tasting adventure for Mama and Graunty.  We also did a 5k at a pumpkin patch in Wheatland, CA, where there was a petting zoo, tasty treats, enormous pumpkins and a train to ride.



 


And then I turned 2...
On October 2nd I went to bed and I was 1-year old.  When I woke up the next morning, not only was I 2, my moms had built a kitchen just for me; it was awesome!  My Moms took the day off and we went to a special story time at the library in the morning.  It was my first trip to the library and I was amazed at all the books.  A lady from the library read several stories, sang a few songs that we got to dance and be silly about and we got to do a craft project.


After a nap, lunch and opening a few presents, we went to Davis to pick Nana up from the Amtrak train.  Then we went to the Nut Tree in Vacaville to ride a special train, a carousel and have dinner at Fenton's (mostly so we could finish dinner with a gianormous ice cream sundae - see top picture).




For the weekend Papa and Gruncle came to our house, we tried to go to the zoo which was closed (on a Saturday afternoon!), so we went and played at Fairytale Town across the street.  Aunt Myrna came to join us and then we returned home where my moms had made a special noodle-dish (I love noodles!) and eventually a banana cream pie (I love bananas!).  Then on Sunday before everyone left we went to Cool Patch Pumpkins to kick off the fall season.





It was a wonderful couple of days and I felt very loved receiving all the cards and special gifts.  More pictures from my birthday extravaganza can be found on Picasa.






In other news, I am brushing my own teeth after breakfast and before bedtime each evening on the stool Papa made for me; I've begun learning how to dress and undress myself and my moms say that my vocabulary has 'exploded'.  Really they are just finally understanding what I've been saying all along. :)

That's all for now, happy fall!
PJ 











Comments

  1. What are you feeding this kid? He's three-quarters grown!!!

    Love my Porter, Aunt Bernedette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if that banana split is big enough for him! Wow! He's such a big boy now! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment