And here it is February....



I met Santa in Texas. What a crazy dude!

My Mommy tells me she's being hounded about a blog update and you've got to know, she has nothing to do with the delay.  Everyday is just so awesome, and I've been so busy doing new things and being a wild man, I just totally let the blog slip my mind!  Here's my update from the last few months, I hope you enjoy!

November
-Started saying "up" when I want to be picked up on 11/17.

-Started signing 'all done' the second week in November; I graduated from using it only for when I finished eating, and then for everything else I was done with. Like having my diaper changed and having to hold still on the airplane ride to Texas (in December), for example.

-Took my very first steps on 11/20

-FINALLY got my first tooth showing through my gums on 11/26

(remake of last year's photo) "I wanna ride that thing!"
-Thanksgiving:  Mommy's cousins Scott and Janet came up from Southern California.  Mama nor I had ever met them and it was a wonderful time.  Janet used to be a pre-school teacher and we totally bonded.  Scotty was just silly and it was fun to watch the whole family get caught up! 
Started Thanksgiving Morning off with a Turkey Trot 5k in San Jose.
Unclefer did the 10k and got 1st place in his age-group!
(that's me in the yellow, I refused to look at the camera)
 
 

After Thanksgiving Dinner Unclefer
taught me how to play the "didjeridu"
3 sets of cousins in Santa Cruz,
day after Thanksgiving










The "Santa Clara Crew" met on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
My moms say "we've grown a bit" in the last couple of years. :)



December
-Got my first pair of 'real shoes', Stride Rites.  They were my gift from Great Mariellen for my bday.

-Flew to that Texas place again; my moms said I did a great job, but it was really hard sitting still on the ride.  Once we got to Texas I got to see lots of people that I love, but don't get to see often.
Checkin' out a tractor on Pawpaw and Uncle Lee's farm.

-Took Memaw to "Santa's Wonderland" one night.  There were TONS of light displays and Christmas being celebrated with a Texan flair.  It was quite the site and Memaw was glad we took her.

At Santa's Wonderland with Mama - such odd Christmas trees!

-Went to Houston one day for the "cousin's reunion", courtesy of Uncle James and Aunt Melissa.  I got to see more cousins that I didn't remember from last year, as well as Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary (Mama's aunt and uncle).  Unlike like year though, us kids wouldn't hold still long enough for a picture.

-Signed 'more' to Mommy on 12/20 while she was jumping around and playing with me.  We were having a great time, why wouldn't I want more?!

- On our last day in Texas (12/23), in which we got together for the Denena Christmas, I impressed everyone by walking not only 8-10 feet at a time, but standing up on my own from the ground, without holding on to something.  I thrilled the crowd. :)


Being silly with cousin Benjamin after present opening

-On the morning of 12/24 we flew back to CA and went to Nana and Papa's house.

Back in S'vale, opening my Christmas Eve jammies from Nana...apparently
it's a tradition.  I can't wait...whatever a tradition is!

















Christmas morning with my moms and all of us in new jammies











My very own chair, courtesy of my moms! 
(it even has my name on it, but I'm covering it up)

















-My top two teeth popped through my gums on 12/28.  And thank goodness too; Mommy and I were really getting tired of singing "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" the whole month of December!
-On 12/29 I decided that the crawling stuff was for the birds and I started walking around the house like it was no thang.  I love it.


January
-On New Year's Eve morning while watching the Rose Parade, there was an LAX float with an airplane on it. I looked at the TV, looked at my moms and said "airplane" then went back to my Legos. They were stunned and I haven't said it again. :)
-Said "ball" on 1/13.
 
-Said "moo" on 1/14 in reference to what a cow says (duh!).
 
-Started pointing to my nose on 1/21 when I'm asked where my nose is (where else would it be?!).
-Used a spoon with my dinner and actually got food into my mouth on 1/31.

This isn't when I used the spoon, but it was the first time recently
that my moms just put a whole plate of food in front of me! Yummy.
 Pesto Pasta and chicken here I am!
 

PS: Blogger is termperamental this time around, so Mommy has lots more pics from every event if you want to email her for more! :)







Comments

  1. Wow, you really grew up in December. By the time we see you this summer, you'll be running everywhere and scaring Lucy half to death!!!

    I love you, Aunt Bernedette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment