October Rocks!



Oh my gosh!  How much fun is the month of October?!  My birthday, Apple Hill, Halloween...I can hardly contain myself! I keep asking my moms if I can have a birthday again next month, but they said it's only once a year.  Except for my half birthday which apparently happens in April.  And if it is anything like my October birthday, I'm gonna be rolling in frosting again!
To kick off the month and my birthday celebration:

-October 2nd:  I got to go to my first major league baseball game, as the Oakland A's were getting their post-season bid.  UC Davis was offering discounted tickets for staff and the Coliseum was offering "free parking Tuesday", so I begged my moms to go and take me and it worked!  :)  Some of Mommy's colleagues also went, including our friend's Nathan & Katy (whose kids did NOT get to come!).  I was getting tired before the game was over, but I am so excited that I got to have the experience and I cannot wait for next season to come!

Resting with Nathan during the 7th inning stretch

-October 3: My 1st Birthday!  I got up, got ready for Willy's and then I got to open some presents. (everyday should be like that, for the record....)  I went to Willy's until lunchtime and then *surprise* my mommies came to pick me up early.  It was awesome!  We went home, I took a nap, had a snack, and then we went to the Sacramento Zoo.  I saw lots of interesting birds, zebra, giraffe, lions, snakes and more.  The funniest things I saw was an orangutan that played with an Amazon box and a chimp who was picking its nose.  hahahaha - what a riot!  :)  I also got to ride a little train at the zoo, which was cool.  My most favorite part, however, were the misters to cool you off - that alone was worth the price of admission!
Opening presents before going to Willy's
Riding the Train with Mama


At chimp exhibit with Mommy
Being silly...yes, I already know how!
-October 5:  Had my 12-month check-up.  Weighed in at 19.14 lbs and 30.75 inches.  I'm already wearing 18-month size clothes!

-October 4-6: Nana came to watch me on Friday, then Papa and the rest of the gang came for the weekend.  On Saturday we went to Apple Hill where we had a picnic, rode another train, crawled around pumpkins, petted some goats and just had a great day! 














-October 7: On Sunday my moms threw me a party at the park across the street from our house.  We had another picnic of sorts and I loved having so many of my friends and family around me all at once.  It was really special and I felt very loved.  I'm such a lucky little boy.  I'm also grateful for all the cards, gifts and well-wishes I received via mail and email for my birthday - thanks for all the love!
PJ's sweet ride from Nana & Papa
Monkey cupcakes & dessert buffet


Party Place @ Pioneer Park
Some of the Santa Clara Crew and my "cousins"
(Amara, Anissa & Baby Joey)
 -October 13:  We went to an Indian Dinner and Silent Auction Fundraiser, to support the Cal Aggie Christian Association, where Mommy is on the Board of Directors.  I had some delicious food and encouraged Mama to bid on stuff for me...we wound up with Baskin & Robbin gift-certifs.  Yippee!

-October 15-18:  I was sick.  Very sick with a high fever.  We think ultimately I had Roseola, but I survived and Mama stayed home with me to make sure I got better.

-October 18-21:  Meemaw and Pawpaw visited from Texas.  We had a wonderful time going to Half Moon Bay, The Sugar Mill outside of Sacramento and just hanging out at the house.  I think I entertained them and I can't wait to go visit them in a couple of months!
At the pumpkin patch with Mama, Meemaw and Pawpaw
I am sooooo big!


Playing at the Old Sugar Mill
Playing with Meemaw

-October 21:  I gave kisses for the first time...to Pawpaw as he was leaving.

-October 22:  Blew kisses for the first time!

-October 25:  Said first word, in context - "Uh-oh" after throwing my fork off my highchair. :)

-October 28:  Mama and I went and did a 5k in Sacramento in the morning.  In the afternoon, we met some church friends at the UCD Arboretum, where I had my "1 year pictures" taken.  Can't wait to see those pictures.

-October 31:  I was a monkey for Halloween.  I enjoyed giving candy out to the kids that came to our house, but I decided that I did NOT want to go out and around the neighborhood myself.  I decided it was best not to show up the other kids in their costumes because I was sooooo cute in mine! <wink>



















Another wild month, but I would do it all again.  My congrats to the Mains Family for welcoming my new "cousin" Eli to the world earlier this month.  Hope to meet you soon little buddy!

Until next time (probably after the holidays), savor life the way I did my first cupcake...if  you don't have to be hosed down at the end of each day, you aren't enjoying it enough!  :)

PJ


Comments

  1. Porter, I love your Cupcake Philosophy. You get more adorable at every post. See you soon.

    Aunt Bernedette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment