It's Official!

Adoption day with Mama


So, the biggest and best news, is that on February 6th, at 11:45am, Judge White finally told me that I could keep Mama all to myself.  I'm not sure if Mama was thinking about taking care of any other little boys or not, but Mommy and I took her to the court house anyway.  We had a special meeting in a fancy courtroom, and after I asked the Judge nicely, she granted my request and now Mama has to only take care of me.  Seems a little selfish, I'm sure, but I really like her and don't want any other for a Mama.  Glad that process is done with, it was a bit silly!

At the Yolo County Superior Court House





















In other news, I am now 4 months and did a great job at my last check up.  I just laughed and laughed when the doctor pushed on my tummy and did my exam.  I giggled at the nurses when they gave me my shots and despite working on getting over another cold, I'm a healthy little dude.  The doctor was also very excited by my symmetrical fat roles on my legs - who knew that would mean that my hips are growing well?!  Nana likes to call me the "Michelin Man".  I was officially 14.1 lbs on Feb. 10th, and 25.5 inches long.  That means I've doubled my weight and grown 6 inches in length since my birthday!

My first Valentine's Day...don't I look dapper?

Mommy has returned to work full time and I love going to Willy's each day of the week and seeing all the kids.  My favorite days, however, are the weekends when my mommies stay home with me, as well as the one Friday a month that Mama stays with me, and the one Friday a month that Nana comes to stay with us.  Those are really special days that I know will just get better and better the older I get.  In fact, the last time Nana was here, we did a spa night before bath-time; it was a blast!
Is that Mommy or PJ?!

I'm smokin' in this robe!

(we also discovered that I look a wee bit like Mommy when she was 4-months old.  who knew?!)

My most recent accomplishments have been:
-Did my first "fun run" with my moms; we did 1.8 miles in an event that benefited low cost/free legal services for those in need.  (there isn't a picture, the camera got left at home)

-I rolled over back to front for the first time on February 17th, but neither of my moms saw me do it, so they say it doesn't count yet.

-I'm sitting up really well with help, but not quite on my own yet

-I've outgrown my swing and I'm starting to use my "exersaucer" from my friend Jordan.  He's a big boy now and has given me all sorts of cool things he used when he was my age, so I'm very grateful! (see video)



That's the big stuff as of now; hope you've enjoyed my update.  See you next month!
PJ 

Comments

  1. Every month I try to send a comment and this silly thing doesn't let me. It is amazing how quickly my sweet boy is growing and changing. Moms have a way of forgetting how quickly. We couldn't be happier PJ, with your choice of Mamas. We think she's great too! What a lucky boy you are! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
    I love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment