I'm 6-weeks old

I've had a big couple of weeks!  Shortly after I last wrote, I ended up going to the doctor's office as I was vomiting every time I ate, and apparently that wasn't a good thing (remember I had tummy trouble on 10/31?).  I was confirmed to be 8lbs,14oz at that doctor's visit, but I then also got my first ultrasound to make sure something wasn't wrong with some do-hickey called my intestine.  Apparently, all my innards were in good shape, which was a relief to my moms.  What was eventually figured out in terms of my puking, is that I have a double dose of a dangerous gene, that runs in both the Seguin and Denena families:  I love to eat and I don't know when to stop.  :)  Since this ridiculous diagnosis, I have been burped more often during feedings (I hate the interruption!) and I'm not allowed to lay around and lolly-gag when eating (which really annoys me!).  But, I'm also just doing basic spit up now and not projectile, so whatever...I guess my moms know best, for now.

In more exciting news, I took my first trip to Napa a couple of weeks ago...no, not to drink, silly.  I wanted to go meet my Great (grandma) Mariellen and Great Pat.  It's hard for them to travel, so I got to go in the car, which I love riding in. It was a relatively uneventful trip.  Oh, except for the part where I had a major blowout and had to be stripped down naked and changed in the back of Mommy's car at the Sonic parking lot in Vacaville.  :)
visiting Great Mariellen

I have started to enjoy my gym and tummy time is not as horrid as it used to be.  I apparently have a very strong neck, whatever that means.  I have started to 'coo' every so often, usually when I'm having gym time, and just to catch people off-guard, I've started smiling on purpose too.  What's funny is that I don't do it all the time, which really bums Mommy out. I tell her to be glad for what I give. :)

I also got to see last week, the woman who brought me into this world - no, not Mommy! My super-cool midwife, Jenn!  Mommy had a check up that went well and Jenn said I was just too cute. I bet she doesn't say that to all her babies. <wink>
Hanging with my favorite midwife

Last but certainly not least, my Nana & Papa came to see me last weekend.  It was great fun.  They came to visit their favorite grandson, bring my new window treatment and attend the church baby shower that was thrown in my honor on November 13th.  So many kind and generous people are celebrating my life...I just can't say 'thank you' enough.  And doesn't my new window treatment look awesome?  It's far superior to what my moms tried to make me have above my window. :) 


Until I have interesting things to share, TTFN!  -PJ

Comments