There Could Be Worse Things Than...Nesting?!

Here we are.  Just a quick update on Lug's progress and prepping for baby.

We are officially in our third trimester, with time passing oh so quickly. At a check-up on Friday (7/22), the most important news is that Baby's heartbeat remains strong at 140bpm.  Regarding Mommy, I'm gaining weight (duh!), have a constant and normal range blood pressure, all glucose and blood tests run a few weeks ago look great and I appear to be having a fairly boring pregnancy.  Which we're ok with - the adventure will be arriving in 70-some odd days!   Other than some fat feet and toes, a little heartburn each day and the occasional flare-up of my sciatic nerve depending on where Lug is pushing, I basically consider myself an incubator at this point and am grateful for not being more miserable.  It's actually even been 'pleasant' weather in Davis this summer.  Yea us.

In other news, our master bathroom remodel will hopefully be done this week, so that things like carpet cleanings and window washings can follow shortly there-after.  My former "scrapbook" closet in Baby's room is being gone through, organized and down-sized, in order to be moved elsewhere in the house.  We have been living out of the guest room and hall bathroom for a week now, and while a pleasant experience, it has given us an eye to our guests' experience and improvements we can make to our little "country retreat house" for the visitors that we're sure will flock to "the country" to meet Little Lug.  :)

Tina seems all to pleased to make fun of me to anyone who will listen, about the nesting bug that I have been bitten by.  I keep assuring her that I could be a pregnant lady driving her nuts in other ways and she should be grateful that this is my current obsession.  I mean really, not once thus far, have I needed her to make a midnight run for dill pickles, tzatziki or ice-cream. Besides, I don't hear her complaining about all the stuff we've gotten rid of and the nicely organized closets and cabinets that she's recently become accustomed to.  :p

Finally, in prep for little one, we are well on our way in classes.  We have completed thus far: "Infant Safety and CPR", "Breastfeeding 101" and 2 of 3 "Labor & Delivery" classes.  Upcoming still is our final Labor & Delivery class, a "Taking Care of Baby" Class, 3 Baby Development Classes and a "Surviving the 1st Month" class. 

And yet, we will probably still not even be close to prepared to handle this bundle in ~3 months.  How such little people can bring grown adults to their knees, and with so much "stuff" is really quite impressive.  That is the true 'miracle of life'.  :)

Comments

  1. It sounds like things are going well. So glad you're at the "incubator" stage. lol You crack me up! So excited for you and Tina to experience the wonder of parenthood. You will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment